This class teaches shooters how to quickly and safely draw their firearm from a holster and keep it functioning in defensive situations. Individuals taking this class should already possess a basic understanding of safe gun handling, how their firearm operates and marksmanship. In a fun, positive environment students will learn reloading techniques, malfunction clearance, use of cover and skill builders designed to enhance confidence and improve shooting. Successful completion is required for shooters who wish to draw from the holster at the Timberline indoor range. Students must have a belt mounted, outside-the-waistband holster which holds their
pistol on the strong side. A spare magazine holder is recommended, but not required.
We have a lot to cover in a few short hours, so please be on time and come prepared to learn and have fun! When you come into the shop, you can sign in and pay for the class at the cash register by the front door, then head into the classroom.After completion of the class you will have an opportunity to receive a $25 gift card to Timberline Firearms.
- Access to familiar pistol (own or rent)
- Hard strong side outside-the-waistband belt holster, No cross draw, shoulder or ankle holsters.
- Eye and ear protection
- 200 rounds of practice ammunition
- Student knows and practices firearms safety rules.
- Student understands how his/her handgun operates.
- Student is knowledgeable in basic marksmanship.
- Student knows how to field strip and clean their handgun.