INTERMEDIATE HANDGUN is a 4 hour class that will teach you how to quickly and safely draw your firearm from a holster and keep it functioning in defensive situations! The course focuses on Semi-Auto Handguns, but Revolvers are also welcome, and it includes classroom time and range time.
Individuals taking this class should already possess a basic understanding of safe gun handling, how their firearm operates and marksmanship. In a fun, positive environment students will learn reloading techniques, malfunction clearance, use of cover and skill builders designed to enhance confidence and improve shooting. Successful completion is required for shooters who wish to draw from the holster at the Timberline indoor range.
TOPICS INCLUDE –
- The Defensive Mindset
- Drawing & Holstering
- Live Fire Application
- Basic Movement
- Reliable handgun (Semi-Auto or Revolver)
- Belt-mounted outside the waist band (OWB) holster
- Spare mags: at least 2 for Semi-Auto or a speed loader for Revolver
- Spare magazine holder/pouch
- Eye and ear protection
- 150 rounds of ammunition
- A great attitude
Other Details –
- Course Fee: $85
- Prerequisite Courses: Introduction to Handgun or CCW
- Prerequisite Skills:
- Student knows and practices firearms safety rules.
- Student understands how his/her handgun operates.
- Student is knowledgeable in basic marksmanship.
- Student knows how to field strip and clean their handgun.
- Maximum of 6 students
- Minimum age is 18 years old or 10 years old (with a parent/guardian)
- Must be 21 years old to rent a handgun
- An email will be sent after sign up with further information